The new FX13 from Fox holds nearly half-a-mile of line. And it’s not just a bucket – it’s pretty and clever too…
The winder pimps at Fox have engineered what could be the largest line capacity carp reel ever made. The FX13 – the bigger brother to the hugely popular FX11 model – can hold a mammoth 750m of 0.33mm line! That means it’s not only perfect for anglers who place their rigs using a rowing/remote boat, but due to the super-slow oscillation and large spool, it’s also perfect for distance casting too. To power such a large reel requires great internal gearing and machining and Fox have delivered with both. Driving the main stainless steel shaft is a machined solid aluminum handle, and one full rotation of that will retrieve a huge 90cm of line. The carbon reinforced polymer body and rotor keep the weight down at 761g, whilst the Quick Clutch with grit guard ensures impeccable playing control.
It looks rather tasty, too. Minimalist matt black styling with discreet silver trims and two Range Casting Line Clips, one in black and the other in silver, give the FX13 a distinctive, classy look.
Buy 2 reels get the 3rd FREE!
- Huge line capacity that is ideal for distance casting and long range boat work
- Machined solid aluminium handle
- Stainless steel shaft
- 90cm of line retrieved per handle turn
- Super-slow oscillation for immaculate line lay
- Carbon reinforced polymer body and rotor
- Quick Clutch with grit guard
- Hardwearing, graphite body, with minimalist matt black styling and discreet silver trims
- Rotor brake
- Anti-backlash system
- Micro line lay adjustment
- Rotor line guard
- 2 Range Casting Line Clips – one black, one silver
- Rotor Balanced Profile
- Twist free roller
- Pro cast lip on spool
- 5 stainless steel ball bearings + 1 roller bearing